Probation Violations

Have you received notice of a probation violation or revocation hearing?

If so, you could be sitting in a Florida jail for weeks or months waiting for a judge to hear the case. Because probation is a form of leniency and not a legal right, it can be revoked at any time. In addition, the burden of proof is much lower and the prosecution only has to prove the violation by a "preponderance of evidence." That's why you need to contact a probation violations lawyer who will vigorously argue that you should be granted additional time to come into compliance of allegations presented by your probation officer.

At the Law Offices of Edwards & Mason, our attorneys have successfully represented clients accused of probation violations to include:

  • Failure to Report
  • Change in Residence without Notice
  • Being Arrested for a New Crime
  • Failure to Complete Rehabilitation
  • Violation of a Restraining Order
  • Failure to Pay Restitution
  • Leaving the State without Permission
  • Associating with a Known Criminal
  • Missing Days at School or Work
  • Failing a Test for Drugs or Alcohol

Revocation Hearing Defense | Ocala, Lake City & Palatka

At a violation or revocation hearing, the prosecution will present evidence of a technical or substantive violation of the terms and conditions of your probation. However, unless the state can prove that you acted willfully or that the offense is considered to be substantial, a violation does not exist. When a failure to comply was due to factors outside your control, such as car trouble, there is no willful or deliberate action. Our defense attorneys will fight to eliminate or have the charges against you reduced while searching for ways to soften any sanctions imposed by the court. To identify your best available strategies, contact us toll free at 1-877-377-7801.

DISCLAIMER: This website does not seek to nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. The content is provided "as is" and should not be construed as legal advice on any matter of criminal defense. Seek the services of a qualified attorney immediately following notification of a parole violation or revocation hearing.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Contact Us